PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WHEN USING passmygcse.co.uk (“this website”, “We”, “PMG”).
Pass My GCSE (PMG) is a trading name of Complete Tuition Ltd.
When you use this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use PMG. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you must not use this website. A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to any user of PMG.
Reference to “us” or “our” refers to PMG.
In these Terms words implying the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words implying the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
These Terms supersede all previous terms of business.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these Terms; they are a legally binding agreement between you and us. We may change these Terms at our discretion by updating them on the PMG website. The then current version of these Terms will apply whenever you use this site. Please check this page from time to time and take notice of any changes.
2. OUR RIGHTS
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights related to this Website (including all database rights, trademarks, service marks, trading names, text, graphics, code, files and links) belong to us. All rights are reserved.
You may download material from this website for personal use. However, you must not modify or republish any material from this Website without our prior written consent. Any content that is clearly marked with a purchase price must be purchased for the price advertised for each and every copy of the document.
This Website contains links to sites operated by third parties. We have no control over their individual content. We therefore make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the information appearing in relation to any linked site. We do not recommend any products or services advertised on any other website. If you decide to access any third party website from this one, you do so at your own risk.
Please note that where we link to other resources outside of our site you must comply with the terms of the third party site as they have full ownership over this content.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that any material from this Website is not contaminated in any way, we do not guarantee that any material will be free from viruses.
Due to the nature of software and the internet, we do not warrant that your access to, or the running of, this Website will be uninterrupted or error free. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Website without notice. We shall not be liable if we cannot process your details due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
The information provided by our website is for general interest only and does not constitute specific advice. Materials provided by our site are for guidance purposes only. We do not advise their sole use as a means of securing a certain grade in any examination.
We make no warranty or guarantee that the information we provide on this site complies with laws other than those of England.
We will not be liable for any failures due to software or Internet errors or unavailability, or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
– Use of, or inability to use our website and all the revision materials associated with it.
– Any direct or indirect cost, relating to any third parties that advertise or promote their services on our site.
– We are not responsible and have no liability relating to the services provided by any third party that advertises through our site.
You agree not to use this Website for any commercial or business purposes other than what has been agreed in these terms and conditions. Any other commercial use, outside of these terms can only be granted with written consent from ourselves.
We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity regardless of any contract you may have with PMG.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of PMG or the use of any of our academic revision materials.
5. CONTACT AND FEEDBACK
All notices and any formal documentation shall be given to us, by email at or by post to our address provided at the beginning of these Terms.
If you have registered to use our services then we may serve a notice on you by email at the email address provided to us at the point of registration. It is your responsibility to update us with any email changes and to make sure you have confirmation of the update on our system.
All notices sent by email will be deemed to have been received on the day that they are sent or, if sent on a national holiday in England or on a Saturday or Sunday, the next working day following the day on which the email was sent. All notices sent by post will be deemed to have been received 3 working days after the date of posting.
We try to ensure that all customer feedback is dealt with swiftly and consistently. We welcome any suggestions that you make about how we may improve our service. Please submit the Contact Us form to provide your feedback on anything relating to the site.
We may from time to time change the content of the PMG website. Any amendments to these Terms will be made available on the site. Therefore please check this web page regularly to ensure you are aware of the changes that have been made.
If a court decides that any part of these Terms cannot be enforced, that particular part of these Terms will not apply, but the rest of these Terms will. A waiver by a party of a breach of any provision shall not be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions. Failure or delay in exercising any right under these Terms shall not prevent the exercise of that or any other right. You may not assign or transfer any benefit, interest or obligation under these Terms. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms.
If you are a consumer user, please note that these Terms and their subject matter and formation (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) are governed by English Law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Institutions and government bodies that are partnering with us should email [email protected] or your personal contact within the organisation to raise a complaint. In all instances the following steps are followed:
- The complaint will be forwarded to the relevant manager and assessed within 1 working day.
- Most complaints are responded to within 2 working days but where the length of investigation or severity of complaint permits, a longer response time may be required.
- All complaints will be responded to within 5 working days.
- All complaints must be documented in writing, either via the emails provided above, or to our trading address as follows: Complete Tuition Ltd, Complaints Department, Evans Business Centre, Hartwith Way, Harrogate, HG3 2XA.
- All complaints are handled with integrity ensuring data protection rules are adhered to at all times.
- If you are not satisfied with your complaint resolution then respond via email or in writing addressing your follow up to senior management and the case will be reviewed again by this team to ensure all proper protocols have been followed and our teams have delivered the best outcome given the circumstances outlined.
Our complaints procedure for website users is as follows:
- Complaints will be responded to within 7 working days where an appropriate telephone number and email address have been provided and the complaint is deemed relevant by us.
- If you wish to escalate your complaint further, then please write to Complete Tuition Ltd, Complaints Department, Evans Business Centre, Hartwith Way, Harrogate, HG3 2XA. Complaints will be responded to within 28 working days of receipt of your letter.
- We hold the right to close a complaint and advise the discontinued use of our site if a user is still unhappy with the outcome of the complaint.
Complaints relating to any third party accessed via this site should be sent to the third party directly. We will acknowledge such complaints and look to remove third parties that consistently offer a poor service but we are in no way responsible or accountable for the service they provide.
Resources uploaded to the PMG site are checked for accuracy and reliability. However we cannot guarantee the relevancy or usefulness of these resources. Under no circumstances should these resources form the basis of any advice and should only ever be used alongside resources that have been provided by qualified professionals.
PMG is not responsible or liable for any exam results, school performance or progression of any person using the resources presented on our site, regardless of whether or not a person has paid for these resources.
Where a resource is purchased, a preview will be made available. Therefore under no circumstance will a refund be given for any resource sold.
Under no circumstance can any of our resources be hosted on another website of any kind, or redistributed via Social Media or any other platform. Other sites may link to our resources but under no circumstance should host these.
The uploading of our content or any material that is found within our site to any other webpage or social media page is prohibited and any such action could face a legal challenge. We do not permit the use of our free or purchased resources outside that of the personal and private use of the person who has accessed them. Tutors that decide to use material from our site for tuition purposes should direct students to the PMG site where they can access the resources directly. Resources and website material should under no circumstances be shared in any online or offline activity; although linking to them is acceptable.
9. SCHOOLS AND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
9.1 Where schools or institutions choose to work with our service we will endeavour to secure the lowest fee for the service provided. Although we make every effort to ensure that all paperwork we are supplied with is authentic, it is up to each individual establishment to ensure that their records for each tutor or teacher are up to date and meet the safeguarding criteria set by that school.
10.1 PMG offers formal examinations for Ofqual regulated exams. When you sign up to these services, you do so in accordance with the following terms. You also must have read and agree with the following privacy notices as set out by UK government website. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices/lrs-privacy-notice
10.2 PMG only offer exam services that are carried out by examination centres that we work with. We are not liable for services provided by an examination centre.
10.3 You are solely responsible to ensure that any exam or services you purchase meet your needs and requirements.
10.4 Any information you provide must be accurate to the best of your knowledge.
10.5 You must sort your own travel arrangements to attend the correct examination on the correct date at the correct time, and at the correct examination centre.
10.6 You must arrive to your exam with correct photo identification and only the stationery and items permitted.
10.7 You must familiarise yourself with the rules of examinations and certification as outlined by your exam board.
10.8 You must follow the terms & conditions and exam regulations outlined by the examination centre that you are attending.
10.9 If there are any issues with the examination centre, then it is not our responsibility and you must get in touch with them.
10.10 Entries cannot be processed until payment is received in full. Where an exam centre fee is more than the fee we have charged you, we reserve the right to ask you to pay the difference or cancel your booking and provide a full refund.
10.11 Where an exam comprises of additional components such as practical or speaking components, there will be an additional fee for these components on top of the advertised exam fee.
11.1 All paid courses involving access to software are non-refundable. Upon purchase, login details will be sent to you. Once logged in it is assumed the software has been accessed and therefore no refund is due.
11.2 Any content within a course is owned by PMG along with all rights relating to it. When you take a course you are able to use this content for the sole purpose it is intended for and under no circumstances have the permission to share this content. Where you purchase a course, the login details created are for your use only. Sharing of login details with others is prohibited and could result in your course being cancelled.
11.3 PMG accept no liability for performances in exams or otherwise, for those who have used one of our online courses.
11.4 Course access expires 1 year.
12. CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Examinations & Courses
12.1 All paid courses where software has been accessed are non-refundable.
12.2 All refund requests must be made within the 14 day cooling off period and must be made in writing to [email protected]
12.3 For GCSE examinations the cancellation fee is £149 per qualification within the 14 day cooling off period due to the administration work that is undertaken immediately after booking. Where a learner has been registered with a centre, no refunds can be provided. No refunds are provided outside of the 14 day cooling off period.
12.4 If you decide to transfer your qualification then there may be a difference in what you have paid and the cost of the new qualification. In the event you have paid more, you may be due a partial refund minus and administration fees for transferring. If you haven’t paid enough you will be asked to pay the difference to transfer the qualification.
12.4 We will look to resolve complaints as soon as we are aware of them. If you are on our live chat or phone system and are unhappy with the solution provided by our customer service representative then you are entitled to make a formal complaint.
12.5 All complaints must initially be submitted via email to [email protected] so we have a copy of your complaint in writing. Our team will then look to resolve this within 24 working hours. Where complaints are more complex and require additional investigation this may take up to 5 working days.
12.6 After submitting a formal complaint if you are not satisfied with the outcome, you are entitled to escalate the complaint to our dedicated complaints team at the following address: Complete Tuition Ltd, Complaints Department, Evans Business Centre, Hartwith Way, Harrogate, HG3 2XA. Our team will look to investigate this and if the complaint warrants a further response then we will respond within 20 working days of receipt of the letter.
12.7 Please note that Complete Tuition Ltd is a registered examination centre, but we do not provide the assessment materials directly and we are not the regulator. Any complaint relating to these aspects of the service we provide will be looked into but in many cases we have no ability to address issues relating to assessment materials and the regulatory body Ofqual. If this is the case our team will inform you and will close the complaint as it is not related to our service delivery. This includes, but is not limited to things such as; exam results turnaround times, assessment material content and exam procedure that follows the Ofqual regulatory framework.
Who we are
We are Pass My GCSE (PMG)
We provide academic resources, online courses, and formal examinations.
A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to a user of the PMG website or any of our related services.
This policy outlines the steps and measures Complete Tuition Ltd ‘the company’ take in order to ensure data is handled in accordance with regulations set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK.
The policy is based on information taken from the following sources along with the knowledge of our internal processes.
Data protection principles
Complete Tuition Ltd is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest is not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the company
- The DPO and management shall take responsibility for the company’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the company shall maintain a Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the company shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- All data processed by the company must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the company’s systems.
- The company shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The company shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate. Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date as set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the company shall enact its archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why. The checks to ensure data is deleted and archived in a timely manner are set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- The company shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept up to date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate backup and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the company shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
PMG values its learners and respects their privacy. Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security. The trust and confidence of our customers and visitors is essential to us – we would never do anything to jeopardise that. We will only collect personal data on this website in order to process a request – a sample request, an account payment or an enquiry. We will never use these details for anything other than to service your request. Once we have a previous relationship with you (including by one of the actions listed above), then we may send you the occasional email to keep you up to date on our products and see if there is anything we can do to help you.
Data We Collect
We may set cookies on your browser, for the following purposes:
1: a cookie to track your session – this will track the items you have added to your cart, progress through checkout, and is also used to send automated complete your purchase reminders etc – in other words, support our core eCommerce functionality.
2: a cookie to track if we have shown you our welcome message previously so that we don’t show it again.
3: third-party Google Analytics cookies which track all visits to our website anonymously. More information at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
4: third-party Facebook cookies which track your session if you have visited our website via a Facebook or Instagram advertising campaign.
In limited circumstances, we may ask you to provide personal data on our website. This data may include:
• Name • Email Address • Telephone Number • Billing Address • Shipping Address • Date of Birth (Applicable for certain products only) • ULN (for exams only)
The only time we will ask for any or all of this data is if you have asked us to perform one of the following actions:
1. Process an eCommerce purchase placed by you
2. Process a payment you are making against an order
3. Provide assistance to an enquiry made through any of our contact forms
4. You have booked an exam through our service
We will only ever ask for information that is relevant to help us action your request and we will only use that data to fulfil your request. If you have provided us with an email address, we may send the occasional email to you to keep you up to date with our products and to reach out to see if there is anything we can help you with. You can ask us to stop these mailings at any time by emailing [email protected].
Transfer of Data
In order to better fulfil any requests, we may move your data into our Customer Relationship Manager system. This system is only ever accessed by passmygcse.co.uk employees and any data we hold on you will never be shared with other people or companies without your consent. We will never sell, rent or otherwise share your data for commercial purposes.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time. Email your request to us at [email protected] and we will respond and action your request as appropriate within 30 days.
Registering with us
If you register with us, we save the details you provide and use them to enable us to personalise the service we offer to you. You can update your details at any time by contacting us. Please note we never store card details.
Who has access to the information you provide or we collect
We retain access to some personal information that we have collected from you but only for an appropriate amount of time.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of any agency or website, even if you access them using links from our site or if you can access our site through their site. We, therefore, recommend that you check the policy of each website that you visit.
With regards to the testing services we provide, we hold the rights to all exam papers provided and any content or material linked to the provision of examinations. This includes, but is not limited to, completed exam papers and recordings of online mock examinations.
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf of a third party we may have to pass your Information to them in order to deliver the service. By using this site you consent to us providing your Information to the third parties licensed by us to provide such services. We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your Information to any third party, not associated with us without your permission unless we are required to do so by law. We will not provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Access to, changing or removing the information we hold
Registered users of PMG can update their information by logging into their PMG account and following the instructions provided. In order to ensure our service remains relevant to you, we encourage you to update your contact details as and when they change.